Arbitrary tweets made by TheGingerDog up to 30 August 2015
- You can modify a reserved ec2 instance within its class/region without losing it … #TIL 2015/08/29
- RT @kapilsharmainfo I need a suitcase just for this… #zendcon #elephpant #ZendConFace
- FFS idiot neighbour. Please stop that burglar alarm. It’s waking the babies up! That’s the 3rd or 4th time this evening. 2015/08/29
- RT Apple’s real profit margin comes from selling the tiny soul fragments they get each time we click on their User Agreement. 2015/08/29
- Woo. Payday weekend. I’d almost forgotten. August seems to have flown by. 2015/08/29
- Two consecutive kernel panics this morning. Same server. Different reason. Btrfs and cgroups may be having a disagreement (3.16.7-11) 2015/08/29
- Will anyone notice I have washed the kitchen floor ? 2015/08/28
- Hmm. I could go joy riding on these mobility scooters. Two unattended on the pavsment. Perhaps the owners have been bitten by zombies. Barnt Green, England 2015/08/28
Debian upgrading the version of PHP (beyond @dotdeb‘s) caught me out today.
Package pinning time … 2015/08/28
- Dishwasher repair 101 – course completed ! (Dispenser tray spring replaced). 2015/08/27
- RT A child’s view on technology’s harm | Letters d.gu.com/Bz4x5l 2015/08/26
- RT It is the last time to experience the future of the web world at (R)Evolution – bit.ly/1JQfEYp 2015/08/24
- RT The most difficult “Hello World” of your life www.commitstrip.com/2015/08/24/the-most-difficult-hello-world-of-your-life/
- RT Working from home
- RT Great News! Conference & Tutorial tickets / Full Day and Half Day Tutorial tickets will be back on sale tomorrow! #PHPNW15 … Please RT! 2015/08/24
- RT Denmark ban halal and kosher meat. Come on Great Britain. Animal rights should come before religious barbarism. 2015/08/24
- RT Windows 95 is 20 years old today. You used 3.5″ floppies to install it. 13 of them.
As of last night, Debian Security released PHP 5.4.44 for Wheezy. Wheezy shipped with PHP 5.4.12 or something like that.
DotDeb is currently on 5.4.43, and if you’ve been using it based on the assumption that it has a newer version of a package over Debian, then an upgrade will leave your PHP install in a mess (e.g. no php5-gearman or php5-imagick).
To fix this, the following in e.g. /etc/apt/preferences.d/dotdeb will help :Package: * Pin: origin packages.dotdeb.org Pin-Priority: 1001
This should make apt choose dotdeb packages over Debian, even if Debian contains a newer version.
i.e. stop apt relying on just the package version number, and previously dotdeb always had a higher one.